Tuesday, January 08, 2008

FRIENDS AT EA

Thank you to my new friends at EA. Amy Phillips invited me to speak with her Free Enterprise class last month at East Ascension High. I was a little apprehensive about keeping them interested, but Amy gave me some areas to include that covered areas they had been studying, like loans, supply & demand, etc. These kids were so kind and attentive-I'm sure it had to get boring, but each student held eye contact and asked questions. It was cool to meet so many well behaved & polite teenagers. They decorated a water bottle & made a cool sign across the back of the room welcoming me and pretended to be interested in my children's scrapbooks (he he)--they did tease me a little because of the purple Dutchtown scrapbooks. I was so impressed with them that I had to share how impressed I was with them. They even mailed me this cute picture to remember them by. They all received gift certificates and water bottles afterwards for their kindness.

No comments: