Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tool Time Tuesday



Good Tuesday afternoon Ladies,
Here is a first time installment of tool time on Tuesday from the teaching staff at Memory Mania. This semester we will post on the blog each week about our current "it" tool. This week I wanted to share some new software that my favorite scrapping friend bought me for my birthday. The Digi Scrappin' software from Design Originals is a fantastic way to doodle without the black pen! All you do to install is put the CD into the computer and copy files to a new folder on your computer or directly into your photo editing program. This layout was completed using two flower doodles and printing them directly onto the cardstock. I then added chalk to make the doodles pop along with buttons, Ki Memories lace cardstock, chipboard letters, and of course my photos and journaling. Since the last thing I tend to do is free hand doodling on my layouts, this software is exactly what I was looking for. So the next time you want to doodle without the work, pick up one of these CD's and have fun creating your own masterpiece!
Have a *great* day,
Jody

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Love the layout!!!! Cool doodles!!! Since I don't have a printer that will handle 12 x 12 paper, I'll have to rely on my doodling templates! But if I ever do invest in a printer with those capabilities, I'll keep these CD's in mind!!!

Thanks for the tips!!!

Refresh My Memory said...

Oh Darlene, don't think you can't use the CD's if you don't have a 12 X 12 printer! You can do two things with what you have right now. First, print the images out on an 8 1/2 X 11 1/2 piece of cardstock, cut the images out and pop dot to your background paper OR cut a piece of 3 X 12 piece of cardstock or subtle patterned paper and print images onto paper for a cool doodled border. Even though you can only print up to 11 inches, you can still feed a 12 inch strip of paper through a printer. Hope this helps,
Jody

Darlene said...

So true!! Sometimes I need to be reminded to think outside the box!!! If you can print legal size, then you can set the paper size in order to print on a 12" strip!

Thanks for the tips!
Darlene