Monday, August 13, 2007

Merry Monday!!!!!

Hey Scrappers,
Its the first day of school in Ascension Parish, so I'm sure there are many moms out there doing what I'm doing this morning. . . Just taking a moment to try to figure out where did the summer go. Watching Justin walk out of the door like he has so many times before for his first day of school (10th grade now0. OMG, where did all of the years go???? (Guess I'm feeling kinda nostalgic, we had a 25 year class reunion this weekend) OK, back to first day of schoo, of course, I'm not allowed to take the bus picture anymore, but I did snap a couple by the front door like I always do. Talk about cool, to take that 1st day of school picture in the same spot each year and look at them side by side-OK i'm tearing up now because I can honestly remember the morning of kindergarten and he didn't walk out of the door without me, I was holding his hand until he jumped on the bus AND i followed the bus to school to get a picture of his grandma (she was on bus duty that morning) get him off the bus. Those days were so sweet. Its so wierd when they get older, he wouldn't even let me cook breakfast. Its great to have some freedom, but its sad that they don't need much from you anymore. Of course, the hug & kiss are non negotiable, he he. And if your kids are past the bus picture, one year I did take a cool picture of the bus driving away & journaled that I wasn't allowed to appear for bus pictures anymore, he he Anyway, I hope you all had some good memories of this first day of school. And if you're not there yet, check out the pictures in Scrapbooks Etc magazine for some cool first day of school pictures to take.

OK, for the Monday Challenge-for the next 2 weeks, create a layout using the foam/chipboard/flower shapes by American Craft-there's also a special this month on those-by the American Craft shapes and Embellishment box & receive the free American Craft giveaway with ribbon, rubons, brads, etc.

No comments: