Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tip and Technique Thursday!!
















I often create a layout and think that I need some patterned paper in a couple places, but every paper I look at seems like it would be distracting or take away from my photos. I really like all the fancy papers available, but I have to force myself to remember that my photos are the reason I'm doing these layouts! Recently, I was creating a page of Mallory (my daughter) and Dane (Tammy's son). Dane was trying to decide where to continue his education, and he had lots of questions going through his head. Mallory wanted to sell him on ULL, where she attends school. So, we made a visit there, and I wanted to scrapbook the pics we took. I knew I needed some type of background, and finally decided to create my own background on transparency by typing some of the questions he was facing, then using a variety of fonts and sizes. It turned out to be a very unique layout.

Next, I was working on an album for a family cruise we recently took, and again, I needed just a little something on the left side of the layout. So I typed words showing some of the things we did on the cruise in creative fonts and sizes, but this time I printed it directly on the solid cardstock. Again, it was the perfect complement to the photos without being too distracting...AND it served as a form of journaling, giving information about the activities in the photos!

Click on the photos to see a close-up - This technique is TOO EASY not to try! Let us know how it works for you and post some of your layouts using this technique so we can see them!

Happy Scrappin'
Allison

2 comments:

Darlene said...

That is cool! I'm going to have to try that technique!

Tammy Murphy said...

I'm so glad you shared this layout. I LOVED it when Allison created it for me, it was just PERFECT!!!!! The words were exactly what we were thinking & feeling and made the layout so special!!! LOVE YA!